The Joanna Foundation is implementing changes immediately to optimize thoughtful review of requests for funding. Effective with the impending September 15 due date, the following guidelines are in effect:
- The total number of pre-proposals accepted for review will be 25.
- Pre-proposals will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The window for submission will continue to open 15 days prior to the due date.
- That is, the next window for submission will open on Sept. 1 and close at 5 PM on Sept. 15 or when the number reaches 25, whichever occurs first,
- When the window for submission closes, an announcement will be posted on the web site, the auto-reply on the submission emailbox will be updated, and we will send individual notifications.
We are profoundly grateful for the extensive, thoughtful feedback . The recent survey achieved a 45% response rate. Seventy-six percent of responders recommended a limit of 25 or fewer acceptances, 71% recommended closing the window when the limit is reached versus a lottery approach, and 71% felt that the 15-day window for submission was “just right.”
We asked, you answered, we listened. Thank you for engaging with us. We are looking forward to the next grant cycle and an optimistically endless parade of future grant cycles.
Thank you for making our “job” challenging, fun and worthwhile.